Monday, November 22, 2010

Day 2 - 500

Today I have had 1/2 a can of tuna and a couple of bites of rice cake for lunch, and I just made the most delish smoothie! Recipe below.

B: nothing - 0 x
L: 1/2 can tuna, 1/3 rice cake - 70 x
S: Banana Pomegranate kefir smoothie - 159 x
S: 1.5 c broccoli with tzatziki - 80 x
D: Greens salad with balsamic and feta - 110 ( )
O: Cofee - 55 x
T: 474 eek cutting it close.

Not hungry after the broccoli filled me up--and a cup of coffee. Yumm. ...maybe i'll just have coke zero for dinner and I can knock it down to 374?


Banana Kefir Smoothie:
This smoothie is a little high in calories, but it is soooo delicious and can be a meal replacement as it is really filling. It tastes like ice cream but is packed with vitamins like potassium from the banana, and antioxidants and probiotics from the Kefir! Kefir can be found in the dairy section by the yoghurt. : )

I got my blender from a large retail store for a discounted price. It is a single-serv blender and you can even just stick the lid on it and drink from it like a cup. : ) Small and cheap and just enough for me.

3/4 banana - 72
1/2 cup Lifeway Pomegranate Kefir - 87
1/2 cup ice - 0

Combine ingredients in blender. Pulse 1 minute or until no large chunks of ice remain. Pour into medium glass and enjoy!! Sooo good.

I think I'll try to update each time with a new low-cal recipe each day, either something I found or something I created. I love to cook so you can guarantee it will be delishh!

Bonus Recipe:
Asian Tuna Salad

1 can chunk light or albacore tuna, drained
1 tbsp plain yellow mustard or 1 tsp mustard powder
1 tbsp soy sauce
Cayenne pepper
Black pepper to taste
Dry seaweed if desired.

Combine ingredients in a small bowl, mashing with a fork for a more even texture. Once well-blended, serve on no-salt crackers or wasa wafers. Sprinkle with shredded dried seafood if you like.

Makes two servings. Each serving is 62 calories (and high in protein and Omega-3s!), not including your cracker of choice. Good all by itself, too : ) If you try it let me know what you think!

0 comments:

Post a Comment