Saturday, October 2, 2010

Hunger

I guess it's been a long time since I let myself get truly hungry. Usually I'll satisfy myself with a tiny meal if it gets unbearable but I've given up on that in the last few days. I've pretty much eaten spinach, onions and fruit for the last three days and not a lot of it. This morning I had a toddlers' size cup of cereal with skim milk (100?) and a couple of hours later I had a pot of baby food that was 50 cal. I want to have a bit more cereal but right now I'm having a cough drop in hopes I can put off the cereal a bit longer. I don't want to eat anything at all after six p.m.

Anyway the real reason for this post is that I'm just going a little bit crazy because usually I don't /feel/ my hunger. It just sits there dead and eventually goes away after a few minutes.

I don't mean to bore any possible readers (though unlikely) with the minutiae, but I've just chewed up the rest of the lozenge and that made my hunger immediately subside.
Depriving myself of chewing is the problem? Maybe I'll eat something crunchy then.

I'm worried about this. My body is behaving strangely. I'd like to say I'm used to it but I'm not. It reminds me of anorexia. Discipline, the struggle to actually eat rather than to avoid it... It's a slippery slope.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I rotate between food avoidance and struggling to eat as well. I'd rather have the struggle....the hunger isn't on your mind and the obsession isn't as...bad, I guess?

Post a Comment